The start of my journey

Meshugganah is defined in the Yiddish language as "crazy." I started this blog because I feel that sometimes it's easier to give in to crazy and forget to be aware of the moment. For example, laying in a soft comfortable bed being plagued by anxiety. How does that make any sense? All day long you've been waiting to drop like a dead weight into that pile of cotton and blankets. All of sudden, you're worrying about a project at work, or where your second-born child (of which you currently have none) will attend preschool. 

Being able to take a step back and admire the crazy that is inside the mind of this 27 year old going on 67 allows me to feel that I am taking control of these crazy thoughts. I started this journey to be more mindful, to allow myself to be present and fully enjoy life, instead of feeling like i'm just a passenger on a crazy train. Hopefully I will be able to feel like more of a person and less of a patient through the use of writing, a tool I've long since given up. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A few attempts at mindfulness

Insomnia...