National sibling day

In honor of national sibling day, I wanted to take a moment to highlight one of the most important people in my life, my brother. He's the person who comes to mind when I think about my childhood, as I was lucky enough to grow up with a built in best friend in my house. He's the reason I can hang with the guys, and helped me to build a strong and confident foundation. 

Siblings are interesting creatures. They drive us crazy when we are growing up, but their personalities and influence make such an incredible impression on shaping and developing our own sense of self. Whether we have strong or absent relationships with our siblings, those relationships are some that impress upon us for life.

I feel very fortunate to have been given tools from our parents to help us build this strong relationship. We were always treated fairly, neither of us were made to feel better or less than the other. We were always encouraged to play together, as well as being reminded that someday we would be all each other had. We had each other's backs, and will always be close friends. 

I still can't believe that my brother is going to be a dad in just a few short months. I honestly can't imagine someone more equipped to be a father, as Andy was a big part of raising me. I'm sure he will doubt his abilities, but he will be an incredible father. I also might be a little biased, but this is gonna be one cute kid, surrounded by a family that loves him and will make sure he always knows it.

Andy, thank you for being the greatest big brother I could have ever wanted. You're the best, and I'm so lucky to have you.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A few attempts at mindfulness

Insomnia...